Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thailand, I Ate A Bug

 

This is my second visit to Thailand and even though I am a bit older, I am not sure I am any wiser.

What I do know is that I am a little more adventurous (crazy, insane, nuts) and return here to fulfill a challenge I did not have the courage to complete five years ago.

 

436For some, it is no big deal and most would just hop right up and do it.

For me, I still need the courage of a liquid Tiger to face dozens of big black eyes on small stiff bodies steering back at me.

 

 

To conquer, or as some would say “swallow up”, just one of them would be a small victory for me.

Along a busy street, I try to solicit a like minded warrior but to no avail. In exchange for 10 Baht, I am handed a pair of legs and told “me no eat”. However, I am gladly given instructions. “Just bite and pull”.

Soon, I am left with just a pair of tiny legs between my fingers. I might as well finish off the job. I can't believe I just ate a grasshopper. Wax on, beer down, wax off.

Deep fried and crunchy, not too bad. Maybe you should try one!

 

No comments: