Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Thailand, Ko Samui

 

For me, one of the joys in visiting Thailand is the diversity in geography that it offers. After a by choice 17 hour journey, I will spend the next two days enjoying another beautiful part of Thailand, the island of Ko Samui.

 

 

Chaweng 003Checking into Lek City Hotel which is located at Chaweng Beach, I am in the heart of one of the most popular areas of Ko Samui.

 

 

 

 

Just outside the entrance of Lek City is a famous lady-boy cabaret theater, the music of which that I am told will entertain me into the early morning if I choose to remain in my room.

With tons of restaurants and a bustling nightlife scene, I am fine with that as I do not have any plans to go down until the sun comes up.

 

 

 

Chaweng 001Chaweng Beach

 

 

By day I walk the main street of Chaweng sampling the offerings of various restaurants and street food vendors in between trips to the warm waters of Chaweng Beach.

 

027By night it's having fun experiencing the many restaurants, sports bars, cabarets and nightclubs that are all soliciting your business.

 

 

 

 

 

On a tropical island, how can one go wrong hanging out in a place called The Green Mango?

 

 

020The Green Mango Nightclub

 

I return to Lek City Hotel in time for a good night sleep absent of any entertainment from the lady-boys next door.

No comments: