Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Oman, A Pink Moon Rising

 

I consider it a stroke of good fortune that during my short visit to Oman I get to experience two of nature's spectacular feats.

 

OMAN 024This morning I witnessed a beautiful sunrise near Old Muscat.

 

 

 

 

 

Now with just a few hours before I leave, I am sitting on a beach watching the moon rise on a cloudless dark and clear night.

 

 

 

OMAN 050A Pink Moon Rising

 

 

This turns out to be more than a normal occurrence. Not only is the moon full, it takes on an awesome and soothing shade of pink that I have never seen as it ascends into the night sky.

 

ST76 JAN 28 081Soon I will take an identical path but it will be on aluminum wings.

Thanks, Oman for allowing me to see and experience a part of your beauty.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: