Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Argentina, Local Cuisine In Ushuaia

 

On the way back to Hosteria Chalp I stop at a local “Take A Way” restaurant that is filling the air with the mouth watering sweet scent of an outdoor barbeque grill. My eyes are growing as I order a “sampling” of chicken, beef and vegetables.

I don't think my translation of “sampling” or “pequeno” worked really well or they were looking at the size of my eyes as I ended up with some huge portions. For about US$10, I have enough food to feed a small army.

 

 

 

SAM 001 Back in my room, the feasting begins

 

 

 

SAM 002 The grilled chicken is moist with a sweet orange flavor.

The  “Colonel” should be put on notice. He now has some “finger lickin” competition.

 

 

 

 

SAM 003 The beef turns out to be a bit of a disappointment as it is not as tender as I would expect.

The skin has a flavorful salty sweet taste but has the texture of beef jerky.

 

 

 

The vegetables are a pickled mix of carrots, cauliflower, peppers and from what I can gather other local vegetables. Somewhere in the combination there are pieces of a melon type fruit.

A Calafate Ale, Cerveza Austral makes sure my meats and vegetables reach their temporary destination. I fall asleep trying to determine how I can keep my eyes from growing as big as my stomach.

 

 

 

No comments: