Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

HUNGARY – BUDAPEST AIRPORT ARRIVAL

My first exposure to Hungary was somewhere near my teenage years watching “House Sitter” with a “Hot” Gypsy Goldie Hawn and “Funny” Steve Martin.

“I thought you said you were Gwen, from Hungary”. No, You said “I was Gwen from Hungary”.

A delayed departure from JFK but only eight hours en route we land in Budapest around 11AM. I had heard enough irritating pilot announcements that I was ready jump out of the plane over The North Atlantic.

 

SAM_0516 Clearing Immigration and Customs was easy and I exit Terminal 2B towards Terminal 2A  for public transportation to the city centre.

 

 

 

Both terminals have free Wi-Fi and Internet Kiosks. The Wi-Fi has good quality but Kiosks are slow and seldom work.  Tourist Info Desk and  ATM’s are also available with the current exchange of FT$223 for US$1.

 

SAM_0518Finding Bus 200E, I pay the exact change needed for a fare of FT$400 about US$2. Taxi fare to city, FT$2900. Change can be easily made inside terminal at currency exchange both.

 

 

Leaving the airport and still within it’s boundary I notice a collection of aircraft on display.

 

 

Airpark Canon 001This is REPULOGEP AIRPARK a short walk from Terminal 2A. I make a mental note to visit before I leave Budapest.

 

 

 

Airpark Canon 005

Antonov An-2M

 

 

 

 

 

Although efficient, a change to The Metro(M3) is required to complete the trip to the city centre.. This occurs at the last bus stop and does not require any additional  fare. DEAK TER metro stop is central location for city centre and takes a little over an hour from the airport.

No comments: