There was an error in this gadget

Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Laos, Fresh Papaya Salad

 

Although this is not my first time having papaya salad in Laos, this is the first time I get an education on how it is made.

 

2012-06-27 20 31 33At the night market in Luang Prabang, I chose peppers from a trusting local that tells me they are not too hot.

 

 

 

From my earlier sampling of papaya salad, I know it is traditionally made hot and while I like my food with a kick, I don't want to set off a 5 Alarm fire on top of my head.

Using some shrimp sauce, eggplant, tomatoes, lime juice and other secret ingredients that are ground up in a ceramic bowl, I watch as this wonderful salad comes together.

 

2012-06-27 20 31 50For about US$1.50, it is a nice and delicious treat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: