There was an error in this gadget

Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New Zealand, Dux de Lux Christchurch

 

Located just minutes from Canterbury Museum, Dux de Lux turns out to be a perfect choice for lunch.

Browsing a menu board behind a deli type counter, my head is spinning from all the possible delicious selections. My eyes and stomach are having a fierce battle.  I order a vegetable samosa with three distinct salads as a reasonable comprise.

 

 

Dux SaladsGarbanzo, Rice And Carrot Salads

 

I enjoy my salads along with a draft Ginger Tom, NZ$6.50 while the  samosa is being prepared.

 

 

Dux de LuxGinger Tom

 

 

 

 

 

 

It is not long before my samosa is presented with a small lettuce salad and warm apples in a tasty sauce for dipping.

 

 

Vegetable Samosa Vegetable Samosa

 

 

What would lunch be without a slice of Dutch Apple Pie topped with a slice of kiwi? 

 

Dutch Apple PieDutch Apple Pie

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gracefully served on a plate decorated with whip cream and raspberry sauce. NZ$8 is not enough! To say the food at Dud de Lux was delicious would be a gross understatement.

 

Dux DiningDux de Lux certainly gets my vote for Pub of The Year 2009.

An excellent way to end my culinary experience in New Zealand.

 

 

 

 

No comments: