Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Antarctica, Boarding Akademik Ioffe

 

 

Peter And I Boarding The weather is simply gorgeous as Peter and I  board the Ioffe in Ushuaia, Argentina.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ioffe Champagne Here we are greeted by the ship’s staff with cold glasses of champagne and friendly smiles.

 

 

 

 

 

Inside, I hope the nice weather and welcoming smiles are a sign of what lies ahead, I have a good feeling that it is.

The Ioffe boarding is on the third floor and fortunate for me I am only steps away from my cabin which is across the hall from the dining room.

 

 

View Of Ushuaia After quickly storing our carry on baggage, most of us make our way to the upper deck to take in last minute views of Ushuaia.

 

 

 

 

Mountains with small patches of snow stand out against clear skies with high fluffy clouds. Besides the views there is just a mild breeze which produces relatively calm seas. This will at least give us smooth sailing on the first part of our journey.

 

 

Akademik Ioffe Lifesaver Akademik Ioffe Lifesaver

 

About quarter past six an announcement is made, we have received our clearance from the Argentine officials and The Ioffe smoothly maneuvers away from Puerto Ushuaia.

 

 

Ioffe Bow View Leaving Ushuaia Along with 106 other passengers, I am on my way to Antarctica.

 

 

 

 

Bon Voyage!

 

 

 

 

No comments: