Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

United Kingdom, Belfast After Dark Nightlife

 

It's about midnight and I think my first night in Ireland is about to come to a close as I am nursing my last pint of Guinness at The Glory Hole Bar. As the crowd has now thinned out, I get an opportunity to interact with some of the employees and get a good lesson about Irish Whiskeys.

 

 

IMG_5969The Glory Hole claims to have the largest selection of them in Ireland and I see no reason not to believe them especially if I can get free samples.

 

 

 

 

Although there are no customers to be served, I also get the chance to be a pretend bartender which for me is an honor. With a bar now filled with empty glasses, I am just lucky I am not asked to be a pretend bus boy as well.

 

 

SAM_1538The Glory Hole Bar At Closing Time

 

 

Surprisingly, The Glory Hole Bar closes at midnight but I am quick to be told that the nightlife in Belfast is still alive and kicking. A short taxi ride and I am back near City Hall headed down an almost dark alley echoing a muted spanking sound.

 

 

 

SAM_1552A L$5.00 cover charge and I have entered Thompsons an after hour night club that soon fills up.

With a DJ pumping out a continuous high energy sound, my first night in Ireland does not end until the early morning.

 

 

 

 

 

Thompson'sWhat a blast!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: