Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2017

China, To Hong Kong Island

 

A light rain is falling as I head down a busy Nathan Road to find the No.2 bus that will take me to the Hong Kong Cultural Centre located near the Star Ferry terminal.

 

2012-06-20 00 01 00Surprisingly the bus fare is relatively cheap, only HK$4.5 (about US$ 0.50) and comes with a nice double decker view if you so choose.

 

 

 

 

 

 

2012-06-20 00 01 50Hong Kong Island

 

I am a bit worried about my sightseeing options for the day as “Typhoon 1 Warnings” are posted around the city and I am beginning to feel like it is raining all over the world. From the HK Cultural Centre, I look across Victor Harbor at the skyscraper shoreline of Hong Kong Island. Even with the morning clouds casting a dull gray and moist shadow over the city there is still something spectacular about the view.

 

2012-06-20 00 02 06Life in the city and along the harbor goes on as the thump of a helicopter blade beats the humid air and various types of boats cross the harbor in all directions, leaving huge rolling waves behind.

I soak it all in as I continue my walk toward the Star Ferry terminal.





2012-06-20 00 01 58Clock Tower



Just outside the Star Ferry terminal is a Clock Tower, a monument to the 1900's Kowloon Canton railroad. Continuing to the ferry ticket window, I am approached by a young man that makes me an offer that is almost too good to refuse. We make a deal and I am headed to the Upper (First Class) section of Star Ferry.

 

 

2012-06-20 00 02 22For HK$300, I am going to see all of Hong Kong that I can within 24hrs. First, I am going to meet a guy named Stanley.

 

 

 

 


No comments: